- Bass Specimen Hunt
- Beach Specimen Hunt
- Boat Specimen
- Pegged Beach
- Charter Boat
- Junior Pegged Beach
BASS CATCH AND RELEASE SPECIES HUNT
Sunday 17th September 2017 | 15.30pm to 19.30pm
- All competitors to book in and pay prior to fishing and should sign out at Bexhill Sea Angling Club at Galley Hill before fishing. Advance booking please.
- Fishing will be from 15.30pm to 19.30pm inclusive and all anglers must register their catch at Bexhill Sea Angling Club before 20.15pm.
- Fishing will take place between Galley Hill and Norman’s Bay, shore only.
- Anglers can fish with two rods to a maximum of three hooks with a lure counting as one hook. Any bait can be used.
- The competition will be fished on a photo recorded, catch and release species hunt (although competitors may retain their catch if it meets the legal requirements). The angler with the longest Bass will be the winner. There is no minimum qualifying length provided that all fish below legal retained size limits are returned to the sea alive.
- A match card will be issued at registration; the image of each photographed fish should be clear and must contain the match card within the photograph.
- Cameras may not be shared.
- To qualify the fish must be photographed beside the match card and with the nose of the fish accurately aligned with the zero mark and the tail closed and straight over the measure. Badly aligned fish will be disqualified. Qualifying fish must be measured on flat ground, ensuring that the measuring tape is not stretched along bent fish with the tape numbers clearly visible.
- Measures and tapes used must be available for inspection.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the length of the fish only.
- If no Bass are caught, then we will accept the longest fish of any other species for the prizes.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT NO LITTER IS LEFT ON THE BEACH.
All entries must be received by Wednesday13th September 2017 please. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion, however if fewer than 10 entries the competition will be cancelled.
BEACH SPECIMEN HUNT
Monday 4th – Friday 8th September 2017
- Check in venue Hook Line & Sinker, 54 Sackville Road, Bexhill on Sea TN39 3JE (Tel. 01424-733211)
- Starting time – 09:00am Monday 4th September
- End time – 17:00pm on 8th September
- All anglers competing should book in and prepay prior to entry. Anglers should sign out from BSAC before fishing and can then fish any time during the competition, between Rye Harbour and Normans Bay and including Hastings.
- All fish should be weighed and recorded at Hook Line & Sinker, 54 Sackville Road, Bexhill on Sea TN39 3JE (Tel. 01424-733211) either in the morning between 07.00am and 09.00am or in the afternoon between 17.00pm and 19.00pm.
- Prize giving will follow the last weigh in at Hook Line & Sinker on Friday 8th September at the BSAC Clubhouse, De La Warr Parade, Bexhill on Sea, TN40 1AY as soon as possible after 17.00pm.
- All eels to be returned to the scales and then released alive to the sea. It is each anglers’ responsibility to return their live eels back to the sea in the area where taken.
- Minimum specie sizes will be provided.
All anglers are permitted to use two rods with a maximum of three hooks. A lure will count as one, but only one lure per rod
There will be twelve sections as follows: –
Eel (must be bought to the scales alive and returned alive).
Mackerel / Scad
Smoothound / Dogfish
Any other species excluding “Mini Species”.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT NO LITTER IS LEFT ON THE BEACH.
All entries to be received by Wednesday 30th August 2017 please. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion, however if fewer than 10 entries the competition will be cancelled.
BOAT SPECIES HUNT – FLATFISH ONLY.
Sunday, 24th September 2017 | 11:30am – 17:30pm
Check in venue – Bexhill Sea Angling Club, East Hastings, Hastings and St Leonards, or Eastbourne AA, at 11.00am.
Start time 11:30am and end time 17:30pm (boats on the beach).
- Rod and line only. A maximum of 2 rods and three hooks can be used. Pennell rigs are counted as one hook.
- All Anglers fishing in a boat must have entered the competition.
- All boats to gather at their respective clubs, boats from Eastbourne Marina should gather at Eastbourne Angling Association for the start at 11:30am. High tide at 14.26 hours (Bexhill)
- All anglers will be supplied with a fish bag, which will be checked and sealed by a Steward on arrival at their designated port or place of landing – Bexhill Sea Angling Club, Hastings Angling Clubs and Eastbourne AA prior to landing. Marina boats need to take their catches to Eastbourne AA. Each club will provide stewards to adjudicate at the verification and weigh in.
Boats on trailers will be allowed to launch at Bexhill Sea Angling Club by pre-arrangement please call Arthur on 07973-869308 for details.
All competing anglers to make their way back to Bexhill Sea Angling Club by 18:30pm for weighing of fish.
This year the Competition will be for Flatfish only.
Minimum sizes for each fish are on the Festival website and will be provided on cards at the check in these will match the current Angling Trust minimum sizes.
Stewards will be provided by each Club to check and seal fish bags prior to weighing in. Designated Stewards will bring fish to the weigh in at Bexhill Sea Angling Club. Steward’s decisions are final.
No fish will be counted if the bag provided is not sealed on arrival at the weigh in.
There is no restriction on the distance travelled or fishing area and wreck caught specimens will be permitted at the weigh in.
Best Specimen – 1st & Best Junior (% of specimen size)
Most different specimens 1st 2nd & 3rd (in the event of a tie the winner will be based on cumulative best % of specimen size for each fish)
In the case of cancellation due to weather a prize draw will be held.
Boats larger than 18ft long will not be able to launch from Bexhill, if your boat is longer than 18ft long you may be able to launch from Hastings, please contact Tim Macpherson to discuss further 07721361367 email@example.com.
Please note: All entries to be received by Wednesday 20th September 2017 please. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion, however if fewer than 10 entries the competition will be cancelled.
KAYAK SPECIES COMPETITION
Sunday 10th September 2017 | 12:00pm – 17:00pm
- Registration will take place at the Bexhill Sea Angling Club from 10:30am
Safety Brief at 11:30 on the beach in front of the registration
Lines in at 12.00am and final beaching at 17.00pm, with all competitors signing out at BSAC by 17:30pm (all anglers should sign out on cessation of fishing whether they record their catch or not).
The competition will be fished on a photo recorded, catch and release species hunt, (although competitors may retain their catch if it meets the legal requirements). The angler with the most separate species will be the winner, in the event of a tie the angler who registers their catch first will be awarded the higher position and take the appropriate prize.
- A match card will be issued at registration; each photographed species should be clear and contain the card within the image. Cameras may not be shared.
- Before launching each angler should have a personal floatation device which must be worn at all times whilst afloat, a VHF radio (preferred)/ or mobile phone in a waterproof container and a waterproof digital camera (with removable Media Card).
- Angling will commence at 10:00am and end at 15:00pm all anglers must fish within the designated area to be verified on the day. No person may have hooks and weights attached within the 50m landing zone
- All anglers may use two rods with a maximum of eight hooks, trebles on a lure will count as one, and any bait may be used.
- All anglers must adhere to the rules and the steward’s decisions are final. Full explanation of the rules is available on request and at registration.
- BSAC will provide a safety boat and will maintain a listening watch on VHF Ch 6 or Ch16. Those using a mobile phone should call 07917 863175.
All entries must be received by Wednesday 6th September 2017 please. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion, however if fewer than 10 entries the competition will be cancelled.
PEGGED OPEN BEACH COMPETITION
Sunday 8th October 2017| 11.00am 16.00pm
- This competition is to be fished on a catch and release basis. Anglers are permitted to use one rod with a maximum of 3 hooks per trace.
- Book in at the Bexhill Sea Angling Club at Galley Hill from 10:00am.
- Any bait EXCEPT whites, muddies and crab. Due to restrictions, there will be bag checks at the start of the match.
- All fish to be measured down to the nearest cm (minimum 18cms where size limits do not apply).
- 18cm size limit exceptions are Bass 36cm, Cod 35cm and Whiting 27cm.
All eels must to be witnessed, signed in on your match card and returned to the sea alive.
ALL eels count as 25 points.
- 10 points are awarded for each different species caught over 18cm size limit (except Cod 35cm, Bass 36cm and Whiting 27cm.)
- All fish must be placed in a bucket of water and taken to the adjacent angler to be witnessed for the points using the table and the running total to be recorded on the match card.
- Anglers must have their fish recorded before retrieving their next cast. All recorded fish must be gently returned to the sea in front of a witness.
- Only match competitors can transport fish.
- At the end of the match cards must be totalled and signed off by the adjacent angler.
- All anglers are stewards. Please ensure that correct procedures are followed to ensure fair play for all and that NO litter is left on the beach.
- Mackerel, Weavers, Sea Trout and all Shad are all banned
Note: All entries to be received by Wednesday 27th September 2017. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion, however if fewer than 20 entries the competition will be cancelled.
Monday 26th September from 09.30 – 15:30
The competition format is a species Hunt with 10 teams competing for the prize of best species anglers in the South East. Misty Blue, Excalibur, Aladard, Fortitude, and Panther are all taking part in the event and there will be a special trophy for the best skipper.
The competition will be fished in a box inside the following co –ordinates: Between E 0-15’-000 to E 0-30’-000 and N 50-43’-000 to the coast line. (Beachy Head in the West to a line south of Galley Hill in the East and 1 mile behind the Royal Sovereign Tower). There will be a 200 metre exclusion zone around the Royal Sovereign Light Tower itself.
Entry £280 per team (£70 per angler) – £90 towards cash prize pool estimated prize pool £1000.
Pay out for the top 3 teams, biggest specimen (in relation to record weight) and most unusual species. Tackle prizes also available.
Two teams on each boat
Each competitor may use one rod, with a maximum of three hooks. This includes feather rigs
Boat allocations will be drawn on the quayside before embarkation
Catch and release
No fishing in the Harbour or Marina
No Bait restrictions
No size limits
One species is required for each team
2 points for each species except min species which will be awarded 1 point
The team with the most species points will win
Once a species is registered by a team then no further fish from that species can be registered.
In the event of a tie the team with the least mini species (i.e. fish with a record below 1lb according to the Angling Trust record list).
If teams are tied after that then the team with the biggest (by measurement) Cod, Bass and Plaice will win.
Species will be identified and agreed by team captains and boat skipper
Skippers will act as Stewards on each boat
If there is any doubt about a species the fish must be brought to shore (alive if possible) for formal identification
6 hours: 09.30am – 15.30pm Embarkation: 07.30am first lock: 08am
Draw takes place at 07am at the Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club The presentation of prizes will take place in the Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club where bar facilities will be available.
Note: All entries to be received by Friday 23rd September 2016. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion.
JUNIOR PEGGED BEACH MATCH
Sunday 10th September 2017 | 13:00pm-16:00pm
- This competition is to be fished on a catch and release basis. Any bait allowed EXCEPT whites, muddies and crab.
- Book in at the Bexhill Sea Angling Club at Galley Hill from mid-day.
- All juniors must bait, cast and land their own fish, but may have help with unhooking.
- All fish to be measured down to the nearest cm. All fish to count regardless of size.
- One point awarded per centimetre.
- All eels count as 25 points, and should be returned immediately after registering on match card.
- All match cards to be totalled at the end of the match.
- All fish must be placed in a bucket of water and taken to the adjacent angler or a match steward to be witnessed for the points and the running total to be recorded on the match card.
- Only match competitors can transport fish.
- All recorded fish must be gently returned to the sea in front of a witness.
- Anglers must have their fish recorded before retrieving their next cast.
- Match cards must be totalled and signed off by the adjacent angler or steward.
- Mackerel, Weavers, Sea Trout and all shad are all banned.
All anglers are stewards. Please ensure that correct procedures are followed to ensure fair play for all and that NO LITTER IS LEFT ON THE BEACH. Think of your environment!
All entries to be received by Wednesday 6th September 2017 please. Entries after this date will be accepted at the organiser’s discretion, however if fewer than 10 entries the competition will be cancelled.